This document specifies the general principles to be applied when sampling batches of raw tobacco in order to assess either
— the mean value of one or more of its characteristics, or
— the heterogeneity of one or more of its characteristics.
Manufactured tobacco products, including products intended for sale or distribution, are specifically not included in the scope of this document.
This document is applicable to the sampling of batches of raw tobacco of the following types:
a) leaf tobacco:
- flue cured;
- air cured;
- sun cured;
- fire cured;
b) pretreated raw tobacco:
- which has undergone fermentation (in packages not intended for retail or wholesale sales or distribution, in bulk, in chambers);
- which has been partially or completely stemmed;
- which is in the form of stems;
- which is in the form of waste and remnants;
- which has been reconstituted in the form of strips.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2020-01
Edition: 3Number of pages: 8
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 126/SC 2 Leaf tobacco
Buy this standard
|std 1 58||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 58||Paper|
|std 3 58|