ISO 18400-204:2017 contains guidance on soil gas sampling using
- active sampling (adsorbents, filters, air containers), and
- passive sampling
applied at permanent or temporary monitoring wells or other installations in soils or underneath buildings (sub-slab).
It provides guidance on:
- development of a sampling plan;
- construction of monitoring installations;
- transport, packaging and storage soil gas samples;
- quality assurance.
ISO 18400-204:2017 also gives basic information about
- soil gas dynamics, and
- identification of soil gas sources
relevant to permanent or temporary boreholes in soils or underneath buildings (sub‑slab).
The compounds covered by this document are:
. volatile organic compounds (VOCs);
. inorganic volatile compounds (e.g. mercury, HCN);
. permanent gases (i.e. CO2, N2, O2, CH4).
ISO 18400-204:2017 does not give guidance on:
- risk evaluation and characterization;
- selection and design of protective measures;
- the verification of protective measures, although the site investigation methodologies described can be used when appropriate;
- the sampling of atmospheric or indoor gases;
- the measurement of gases from the soil entering into the atmosphere;
- monitoring and sampling for radon.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-01
Edition: 1Number of pages: 52
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 190/SC 7 Impact assessment
Buy this standard
|std 1 178|
|std 2 178||Paper|