ISO 13363:2016 specifies requirements for three types and two classes of hose. The hoses are intended for use in marine-engine wet-exhaust systems (where the exhaust gases are mixed with the discharge of cooling water). It does not apply to outboard motor/personal water craft.
The three types are the following:
- type 1: a softwall hose, made of oil-resistant material, with a synthetic-fabric reinforcement;
- type 2: a hardwall hose, made of oil-resistant material, with a synthetic-fabric reinforcement with a helical wire embedded in it;
- type 3: a hose or tube (flexible connector), made of oil-resistant material, with or without a reinforcement or cover, intended for use in short lengths in locations where the connector is protected from mechanical damage.
The two classes are the following:
- class A: intended for diesel engines;
- class B: intended for petrol engines and for diesel engines with a very high exhaust temperature.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-01
Edition: 2Number of pages: 9
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 45/SC 1 Rubber and plastics hoses and hose assemblies
Buy this standard
|std 1 61|
|std 2 61||Paper|
|std 3 61||PDF + ePub|