ISO 18400-201:2017 specifies methods for the pretreatment of samples that can be applied "in the field" directly after sampling. Pretreatment methods in this document are limited to:
- sample division methods aimed at reducing the size/volume of the sample;
- the production of composite samples;
- the selection of a specific fraction of the sampled material.
- does not apply to samples required for biological or microbiological examination,
- does not apply to soil materials sampled for the content of volatile components, and
NOTE 1 These soil materials are intended to be sampled according to ISO 22155.
-? does not give instructions for particle size reduction.
NOTE 2 Guidance for particle size reduction is given in ISO 11464, ISO 14507 and ISO 23909.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-01
Edition: 1Number of pages: 21
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 190/SC 7 Impact assessment
Buy this standard
|std 1 118|
|std 2 118||Paper|