This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 30170:2012 specifies the syntax and semantics of the computer programming language Ruby, and the requirements for conforming Ruby processors, strictly conforming Ruby programs, and conforming Ruby programs.
It does not specify
- the limit of size or complexity of a program text which a conforming processor evaluates,
- the minimal requirements of a data processing system that is capable of supporting a conforming processor,
- the method for activating the execution of programs on a data processing system, and
- the method for reporting syntactic and runtime errors.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2012-04
Edition: 1Number of pages: 313
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
- ICS :
- 35.060 Languages used in information technology
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.