This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 7206-2:2011 specifies requirements for the articulating surfaces of those types of total and partial hip joint prostheses that provide a joint replacement of ball and socket configuration, as follows:
- sphericity and surface finish requirements for metallic and ceramic femoral prostheses for partial hip joint replacement that are in accordance with classification a) of ISO 7206-1;
- sphericity and surface finish requirements for bipolar heads with plastics inner surfaces which articulate on femoral components that are in accordance with classification a) of ISO 7206-1 and with metallic or ceramic outer surfaces which articulate on the biological acetabulum;
- sphericity and surface finish requirements and dimensional tolerances for plastics acetabular components that are in accordance with classification b) of ISO 7206-1;
- sphericity and surface finish requirements and dimensional tolerances for metallic or ceramic femoral components of total hip joint prostheses that are in accordance with classification c) of ISO 7206-1, designed to articulate on plastics acetabular components.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2011-04
Edition: 3Number of pages: 6
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 150/SC 4 Bone and joint replacements
- ICS :
- 11.040.40 Implants for surgery, prosthetics and orthotics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 40|
|std 2 40||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO 7206-2:2011/Amd 1:2016
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.