ISO 13381-1:2015 provides guidance for the development and application of prognosis processes. It is intended to
- allow developers, providers, users and manufacturers to share common concepts of prognostics,
- enable users to determine the data, characteristics, processes and behaviours necessary for accurate prognosis,
- outline appropriate approaches and processes to prognostics development, and
- introduce prognostics concepts in order to facilitate future systems and training.
Other parts will include the introduction of concepts of the following forms of prognostic approaches: performance changes (trending) approaches (ISO 13381-2), cyclic-driven life usage techniques (ISO 13381-3), and useful-life-remaining models (ISO 13381-4).
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2015-09
Corrected version (fr): 2021-12
Edition: 2Number of pages: 21
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 108/SC 5 Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machine systems
- ICS :
- 17.160 Vibrations, shock and vibration measurements
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
|std 3 124||PDF + ePub|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.