ISO/TS 25237:2008 contains principles and requirements for privacy protection using pseudonymization services for the protection of personal health information. ISO/TS 25237:2008 is applicable to organizations who make a claim of trustworthiness for operations engaged in pseudonymization services.
- defines one basic concept for pseudonymization;
- gives an overview of different use cases for pseudonymization that can be both reversible and irreversible;
- defines one basic methodology for pseudonymization services including organizational as well as technical aspects;
- gives a guide to risk assessment for re-identification;
- specifies a policy framework and minimal requirements for trustworthy practices for the operations of a pseudonymization service;
- specifies a policy framework and minimal requirements for controlled re-identification;
- specifies interfaces for the interoperability of services interfaces.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2008-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 57
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 215 Health informatics
- ICS :
- 35.240.80 IT applications in health care technology
ISO/TS 25237:2008Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.