ISO 14327:2004 specifies procedures for determining the weldability lobe for producing quality welds. The tests are used in particular to determine the weldability lobe for coated/uncoated steels, stainless steels and aluminium and its alloys but may also be used for other metallic materials.
The aim of this procedure is to allow determination of the range of welding parameters which give rise to an acceptable weld quality as defined within precise limits. The procedure can be used to determine:
- The influence of electrode material, electrode shape and dimensions on the available welding range for a particular material and welding machine.
- The influence of material type and thickness on the available welding range when using a particular combination of welding electrodes and welding machine.
- The influence of welding machine type, or electrode cooling on the available welding range for a particular material using a particular electrode shape.
- The available welding range in a production situation.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2004-04
Edition: 1Number of pages: 13
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 44/SC 6 Resistance welding and allied mechanical joining
- ICS :
- 25.160.10 Welding processes
ISO 14327:2004Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.