ISO/IEC 15963:2004 describes numbering systems that are available for the identification of RF tags.
A unique ID is required as part of the write operation to RFID tags. The unique ID guarantees that the information written to a tag is unambiguously written to the correct data carrier (tag). A unique ID is also required in many read situations where the contents of the tag are tied to a specific item and that item needs to be unambiguously identified.
The unique ID may also be used
- for the traceability of the integrated circuit itself for quality control in their manufacturing process;
- for the traceability of the RF tag during its manufacturing process and along its lifetime;
- for the completion of the reading in a multi-antenna configuration;
- by the anti-collision mechanism, to inventory multiple tags in the reader's field of view;
- for the traceability of the item to which the RF tag is attached.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2004-09
Edition: 1Number of pages: 10
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
- ICS :
- 35.040.50 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
ISO/IEC 15963:2004Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.