Secretariat: AFNORCommittee Manager:
Chairperson (until end 2024):Dr Alain Couillault
ISO Technical Programme Manager [TPM]:ISO Editorial Manager [EM]:
- Creation date: 1998
Standardization in the field of user-system interfaces in information and communication technology (ICT) environments and support for these interfaces to serve all users, including people having accessibility or other specific needs, with a priority of meeting the JTC 1 requirements for cultural and linguistic adaptability.
- user interface accessibility (requirements, needs, methods, techniques and enablers);
- cultural and linguistic adaptability and accessibility (such as evaluation of cultural and linguistic adaptability of ICT products, harmonized human language equivalents, localization parameters, voice messaging menus);
- user interface objects, actions and attributes;
- methods and technologies for controlling and navigating within systems, devices and applications in visual, auditory, tactile and other sensorial modalities (such as by voice, vision, movement, gestures);
- symbols, functionality and interactions of user interfaces (such as graphical, tactile and auditory icons, graphical symbols and other user interface elements);
- visual, auditory, tactile and other sensorial input and output devices and methods in ICT environments (for devices such as keyboards, displays, mice);
- user interfaces for mobile devices, hand‐held devices and remote interactions.